Moving? Need to start or stop water service?
Contact Charlotte Water by dialing 311 or 704-336-7600 and ask for "water move in or move out" between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please provide:
- Social Security Number (SSN) (preferred); or
- Employer Tax Identification Number (EIN) Note: (this is a business tax identification number, NOT an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN, W-7). Federal rules prohibit accepting ITIN for identity verification outside the tax system.
If you would like to talk to someone in person, please go to:
- Adam Service Center, 4150 Wilkinson Boulevard, near Morris Field Drive (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday) OR
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center (CMGC), 600 East Fourth Street, Charlotte, NC, 28202 (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Customer must provide one of the following:
- Social Security Number (preferred)
- Employer Tax Identification Number (EIN)
- Drivers license
- Government-issued identification (must include photo)
Our goal is to have water turned on within 24 to 48 hours. A $41.00 charge will apply for new services.