To notify the general public passing through the area of your route, event notification signs are to be placed along the route 3 to 5 days before the event. The specifications for the signs are as follows:
SIZE AND CONSTRUCTION
1) Minimum size for the sign is 12” by 18”
2) Minimum size for the main message lettering is 2 inches
3) The color should be bright with contrasting lettering
4) The sign must be weatherproof
5) The sign must be free standing
1) The main message should convey the type of event and day “Race Saturday”.
2) The sign should have contact information with a phone number or website.
3) Content should be limited to basic information with a 3 line maximum.
4) The signs may use arrows to mark the course.
5) The sign may be generic or specific to the event.
PLACEMENT & TIMEFRAME
1) Sign placement on the shoulder not closer than 3 feet from the road
2) Signs should be on every block or 500 feet whichever is less.
3) Signs will be placed between 3 and 6 days before the event.
4) Signs will be retrieved no later than three days after the event.
5) Signs may not be affixed to utility poles or other fixtures in the right of way.