Residents physically unable to take their garbage and recyclables to the curb for collection may quality for Disability Collection Services (backyard collection). To see if you qualify for disability collection services, please read the instructions below.
Disability Collection Service Instructions
- Complete the Disability Collection Verification Form.pdf
- Resident must have a physician complete the “Physicians Statement” portion of the Verification Form
- A form must be completed for each resident in the household, whom is requesting service
- Resident must sign and date form
- Once entire form is completed, fax to 704-353-0330 or mail to: City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services Department, Administration, 1105 Otts Street, Charlotte, NC 28205
- Once the form is received by Solid Waste Services, a request number will be issued
- Within 2 business days, the resident will be contacted by a Solid Waste Services Contract Technician to schedule an onsite interview with the resident
- After the onsite interview has been conducted, backyard collection services will begin within 2 weeks. The resident will receive a phone call stating when service(s) will begin.
Residents may also call 311 (704.336.7600) to request a verification form.