- Frisbee golf course at The Robert L Smith Regional Park will be closed during construction. Updates will be posted here.
- This project will alleviate wastewater capacity needs identified through Charlotte Water's Capacity Assurance Program.
- Existing wastewater pipe (approximately 13,000 feet of 18-inch and 24-inch in diameter pipe) appears to be capacity limited during 2 year and 10-year flow events.
- Further development in the basin (single family homes on quarter acre lots) indicates that the outfall could experience capacity limitations as development, especially rezoning, continues.
- Several alternatives for providing additional capacity were considered including a parallel relief sewer and full replacement of the outfall within the same alignment with 30-inch gravity sewer. The full replacement alternative would require bypass pumping. CLTWater decided to go with the parallel replacement sewer of 8-inch to 60-inch in diameter wastewater pipes.
Phase End Date
Property Easement Acquisition (Real Estate) Ongoing
Bid Summer 2018 or later
Construction Fall 2018 to end of 2019
Warranty Fall 2020