- This project will add a total of 18,000 feet of 30-to-36-inch diameter pipe along McAlpine Creek between Independence Boulevard and Lawyers Road.
- Major roads like Idlewild, Margaret Wallace, and Lawyers Road will be tunneled under.
Phase End Date
Property Easement Acquisition (Real Estate) Ongoing
Bid Summer 2018
Construction Fall 2018 - Fall 2020
What to expect
Construction can be loud, dirty, and inconvenient. Crews will be using large excavators and storing materials on construction easements.
- Clearing – Trees, shrubs, bushes and other vegetation within the construction
- easement area will be removed. Debris will be transported off-site.
- Pipe delivery and storage – Pipes and other equipment are delivered and stored within the construction easements.
- Establishing a safe work zone – Fencing will be put in place and pipe will be stabilized to prevent it from moving.
- Trench digging.
- Placing pipe and backfilling.
- Underground rock blasting to install the pipe. Residents may hear a warning horn just prior to the blast. The area will be monitored with seismographs to gauge earth vibration levels as required. Blasting is a standard construction procedure and all safety precautions will be taken.
- Construction traffic in the easements and road right-of-way. Once the pipe is installed near your property, you may continue to see construction traffic along the easements until the pipe is tested, manholes are adjusted and restoration is complete.