The construction area will be beside the Doby Creek between Mineral Springs Road and West W.T. Harris Boulevard.
- Construction start April 2018 or later
- Normal work hours: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Updates will be posted on this website and NextDoor.
What to Expect:
- Clearing – Trees, shrubs, bushes and other vegetation within the construction easement area will be removed. Tree stumps will be removed and holes filled. Debris will be transported off-site. CLTWater is coordinating with an arborist to only remove what is needed to allow excavation of wastewater pipe. When and where possible, trees are preserved.
- Pipe delivery and storage – Pipe is delivered and stored within the construction easements along the creek.
- Establishing a safe work zone – Fencing will be put in place and pipe will be stabilized to prevent it from moving.
- Trench digging
- Tunneling under major roads
- Placing pipe and backfilling
- Underground rock blasting to install the pipe. Residents may hear a warning horn just prior to the blast. The area will be monitored with seismographs to gauge earth vibration levels as required. Blasting is a standard construction procedure and all safety precautions will be taken.
- Construction traffic (excavators, dump trucks) along the creek, within the easements or road right-of-way.