Phase 1- Complete
Phase 2 - Complete
- Between Tyvola Road and Randolph Road.
- Began August 2007 and was in service summer 2011
- Between Randolph Road and Country Club Drive.
- Began March 2012 and was in service spring 2015.
Phase 3 - Under Construction
Update: Sanders Utility Construction Co., under Charlotte Water's supervision, will begin pipe installation
for Phase III of Briar Creek Sewer Improvement Project.
Where: Construction easements along Briar Creek from the AC&W Railroad tracks to Shannonhouse
What to expect:
Activities will include:
- Pipe delivery and storage - Pipe is delivered and stored within the construction easements
along the creek.
- Establishing a safe work zone - Fencing is already in place and pipe will be stabilized to
prevent it from moving.
- Trench digging
- Placing pipe and backfilling
- Underground rock blasting (if required) - Residents may hear a warning horn just prior to
the blast. The area will be monitored with seismographs to gauge vibration levels, as
required. Blasting is a standard construction procedure and all safety precautions will be
- Construction traffic - Along the creek, within the easements.
Please remember that any area along the creek that has been cleared is part of the active construction site. For safety reasons, pedestrians are not allowed in these areas or anywhere on the construction site. Parents, please make sure that your children are aware of the hazards and know to stay clear of this area.
Charlotte Water is community-owned and provides safe drinking water and cleans our community's wastewater. Reinvesting in our system is possible solely through funds from water and wastewater bills.