This project focuses on renovations and exterior improvements to Bojangles Arena.
Phase 1 (complete) included improvements to seating, sound system, concession areas, locker rooms and new scoreboard.
Phase 2 (underway) began in July 2016 and includes major upgrades to the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and exterior improvements. Work includes the following:
- Building a 1,350-square-foot storage building
- Installing a new ice floor
- Repairing sidewalks adjacent to the building, steel curtain wall window mullions, cast-in-place concrete columns, beams and wall panels
- Upgrading existing HVAC equipment
- Installing new sports lighting controls and house lighting in seating bowl