- Charlotte Water will upsize approximately 7,000 linear feet of existing wastewater pipe in the Beards Creek area.
- Pipes will be upsized to 18-inch in diameter from Sam Newell Road to North East Parkway.
- The project includes restoration of affected areas including sidewalks and roadways.
- Updates will be posted on this website and NextDoor.
- Streets will be tunneled under
- Normal work hours:
- 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday OR
- The contractor may work at night or on weekends, dependent upon needed tie-in work or inclement weather
Phase End Date
Property Easement Acquisition (Real Estate) Ongoing
Construction September 2018 - September 2019
Warranty September 2020
What To Expect
- Moving equipment on site – Crews will move construction equipment and materials to easements along the project site.
- Pipe delivery and storage – Pipe is delivered and stored within the construction easements.
- Establishing a safe work zone – Fencing may be installed and pipe will be stabilized to prevent it from moving.
- Trench digging
- Placing pipe and backfilling
- Customers may feel a rumble – Crews may remove rock formations by use of small blasting. Areas along the alignment where blasting is required will be determined shortly after site clearing and residents within 500 feet radius of the blasting sites will be contacted further. Blasting is a standard construction procedure in which holes are drilled into the rock for dynamite placement and covered with heavy mats. A seismograph monitor records blast vibrations to verify they are within specifications. All safety precautions will be taken. Customers may hear a warning horn, a muffled noise, and slight vibration or rumble similar to a slammed door or thunder.
- Construction traffic (dump trucks) along the alignment, within the easements.