Charlotte Civic Leadership Academy
Due to overwhelming response to the program, applications will be taken through January 31. The program is open to all residents but the class size will be limited to 30 seats. Participant selection will be based on a mix of residents from diverse backgrounds, from different neighborhoods, and with a range of leadership experience. We will host another session in the fall.
The City of Charlotte's Civic Leadership Academy is a free 8-week course specifically designed for residents like you -- diverse Charlotteans who are ready to take the next step in being community leaders and improving the quality of life in all of Charlotte's neighborhoods.
The Civic Leadership Academy will provide you with the opportunity to grow in your leadership, analyze issues using data, connect with decision makers and other Charlotte leaders, and make a difference in your community.
During the Civic Leadership Academy, you will:
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and work with other emerging Charlotte leaders to create a community where every voice is heard.
- Receive a personalized DISC Leadership Assessment and one hour of executive coaching
- Learn how to efficiently use your leadership style to positively impact your community
- Enhance your understanding of Charlotte's history and culture
- Develop relationships with other community and local government leaders
- Learn how to use data to articulate challenges and advocate for resources for your community
- Develop a plan to navigate issues through local government
- Commit to using your leadership skills in the broader community
Registration is closed. The Civic Leadership Academy will begin on Thursday, March 2. For more information, email Lacey Williams at email@example.com.
To participate in the academy, you must live in Charlotte city limits and commit to attending six out of the following eight sessions:
Thursday, March 2 -- City Overview
Saturday, March 4 -- Purposeful Leadership
Saturday, March 11 -- Charlotte History
Thursday, March 16 -- Charlotte Government 101
Saturday, March 25 -- Community Safety & Policing
Saturday, April 1 -- Housing & Neighborhoods
Thursday, April 6 -- Civic Leadership
Thursday, April 20 -- Graduation
Please note that all Thursday sessions will be held 6 - 9 p.m., and all Saturday sessions will be held 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.