2017 Charlotte Civic Leadership Academy
The City of Charlotte's Civic Leadership Academy is a free 11-week course specifically designed for residents like you -- diverse Charlotteans who are ready to take the next step in being community leaders and improving the quality of life in all of Charlotte's neighborhoods.
The Civic Leadership Academy will provide you with the opportunity to grow in your leadership, analyze issues using data, connect with decision makers and other Charlotte leaders, and make a difference in your community.
During the Civic Leadership Academy, you will:
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and work with other emerging Charlotte leaders to create a community where every voice is heard.
- Receive a personalized DISC Leadership Assessment and one session of executive coaching
- Learn how to efficiently use your leadership style to positively impact your community
- Enhance your understanding of Charlotte's history and culture
- Develop relationships with other community and local government leaders
- Learn how to use data to articulate challenges and advocate for resources for your community
- Develop a plan to navigate issues through local government
- Commit to using your leadership skills in the broader community
Registration is open through July 14. The Civic Leadership Academy will begin on Wednesday, September 13. For more information, email Lacey Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate in the academy, you must live in Charlotte city limits and commit to attending nine out of the following eleven sessions (not including graduation):
- Wednesday, September 13 -- Introduction to the Civic Leadership Academy & Charlotte
- Saturday, September 16 -- Charlotte Then & Now
- Saturday, September 23* -- Purposeful Leadership I
- Wednesday, September 27 -- Local Government 101
- Saturday, October 7 -- Community Safety
- Saturday, October 14 -- Environment
- Thursday, October 19** -- Transportation & Planning
- Tuesday, October 24** -- Economic Development
- Thursday, October 26** -- Housing & Neighborhood Development
- Thursday, November 2 -- The City Budget
- Thursday, November 9 -- Purposeful Leadership II
- Tuesday, November 14 -- Graduation
All weekday sessions are 6pm to 9pm and all Saturday sessions are 10am-4pm unless indicated
*Session is 9am-4:30pm
**Session is 5:30pm-9pm due to limited daylight
Before applying, please check all dates on your calendar. Participants may miss up to 2 sessions, not including graduation.
Leadership development provided by: