This team provides project management services for various infrastructure programs throughout the city, working closely with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning, CDOT, CATS and other City agencies to manage several programs of capital improvements such as the following:
- Northeast Corridor Infrastructure Improvement program (NECI) - Providing needed infrastructure for transit neighborhoods as part of the Community Investment Plan
- Farm-to-market roadway improvement - Improving rural roads to serve new development
- Area plans program - Providing specific infrastructure needs as identified by citizen involvement in area studies
- Business corridor revitalization - Providing infrastructure support to enhance Charlotte's older business corridors
- Center City transportation program - Providing support for uptown infrastructure initiatives
This group also manages private redevelopment projects in coordination with the City's economic development efforts. These projects help make Charlotte's Center City and transit corridors a vibrant, successful urban community.