- Continuing to work with the community to reduce water use to maximize limited natural resources and to reduce excessive summertime peak use caused by lawn watering.
- Maintaining high levels of service during a time of budget reductions.
- Developed and implemented an unscheduled bulky item reporting system for Solid Waste Services field employees to ensure items are collected in a timely manner.
- Earned four awards from the Association of Metropolitan Sewage Agencies for excellence in wastewater treatment at the McDowell Creek, Sugar Creek, Irwin Creek and McAlpine Creek treatment plants.
- Completed construction of Catawba River Pump Station, which will provide for the region's current and future water needs.
- Reduced the number of missed trash collection complaints by 52% in the City's south quadrant, an area served previously by a private contractor. Achieved an overall 15% reduction in complaints per each 10,000 units served citywide.
Charlotte's Seven Areas of Focus: