The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is looking for a few good teens ... to participate in a one-week, hands-on course for young people who are interested in a career in law enforcement or students who would like to find out more about the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.We are now taking applications for the High School Police Academy. This is a one week program that allows High School students to see what a career in Law Enforcement is all about.View the most recent High School Academy videoAccess the High School Application HERE!!Qualifications:
Topics to be covered:
- Must be at least 14 years of age and in the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- No Arrests
- No out of school suspensions in the last year
- Must maintain a “C” average or better
- Must be willing to participate in all activities (Academic and Physical)
- Cannot have attended a previous CMPD High School Academy
- Obtain a recommendation from your School Resource Officer and/or School Administrator
- Receive parental or legal guardian approval
- Complete and submit the online application and additional forms
Team Building, Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Investigation, Defensive Tactics, Traffic Stops, Building Searches, Physical Fitness, Suspect Encounters, Demos from different units and the responsibilities of wearing the badge.Other Information:
Dates:Session 1:Monday, July 30, 2018 - Friday, August 2, 2018Session 2:Monday, August 6, 2018 - Friday, August 10, 2018
Time: Monday - Thursday 07:45am – 04:00pm; Friday 07:45am - 2:00pm
Location: Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Academy, 1770 Shopton Road Charlotte, NC 28217
Transportation: Transportation to and from the Police Academy will be the responsibility of the student and/or parents.
Lunch: Students must bring lunch with them each day except for Friday.
Academy Uniform: You will be required to wear khaki pants each day. CMPD will issue each participant a High School Academy T-shirt
Access the High School Application HERE!!
To submit the application click the submit button at the top right corner of the application or email it to email@example.com
For further information or to request a hard copy of the application contact:
Community Services and Youth Division
601 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202